- DEI Training and Enrichment
- HS Story
- Social Justice Faculty Fellowship Program
- Health Disparities and Social Justice Poster Competition
- Physician Diversity Quality Improvement Process
- Research & Enrichment Programs
- Post-baccalaureate Programs
- Race and Social Determinants of Equity, Health and Well-being Cluster Hire and Retention Initiative
- DSRP Virtual Poster Symposium
- Contact Us
- Social Justice
Race and Social Determinants of Equity, Health and Well-being Cluster Hire and Retention Initiative
Race and Social Determinants of Equity, Health and Well-being Cluster Hire and Retention Initiative - Health Sciences
Building upon the Plan for Pitt, the University of Pittsburgh is committed to becoming an anti-racist institution and a national leader in efforts to understand and address race and social determinants of equity and well-being.
Supported by the Office of the Provost and the Office of the Senior Vice Chancellor for the Health Sciences, this university-wide cluster hire and retention initiative seeks to transform Pitt’s expertise in, and research on, Race and Social Determinants of Equity, Health and Well-Being. The initiative focuses on four interrelated goals:
- Significantly increase the number of faculty working in these fields who are hired, promoted and retained;
- Attract, recruit and graduate undergraduate and graduate students for whom these issues are important;
- Raise the University’s local, national and international profile and expertise in Race and Social Determinants of Equity and Well-Being; and
- Increase the University’s capacity to contribute to important and sustainable societal change.
Call for Proposals
Aligned with these commitments, in December 2020, Pitt’s Race and Social Determinants of Equity, Health, and Well-Being Cluster Hire and Retention Committee invited proposals from all Pitt schools and campuses related to qualified hires over the next four years.
The Health Sciences accepts applications on a rolling basis. View features of the Health Sciences Cluster here.
Create a Health Sciences Cluster Funding Application in the Cluster Hiring Portal (CHiP).
Cluster Initiative Loan Repayment Program - Process and Forms
First Cohort of Scholars
Meet the first cohort of Race and Social Determinants of Equity, Health and Well-being Scholars. The Race and Social Determinants of Equity, Health, and Well-Being Cluster Hire and Retention Initiative at the University of Pittsburgh brochure introduces the scholars and shares the breadth of their experience and expertise. Please join us in welcoming them to the University of Pittsburgh.