News & Events
Affiliated Activities - NAMME NE
2013 NE Region Conference - February 21-24, San Juan, Puerto Rico
"Recruit, Reclaim, Retain"
Access registration materials here.
2012 Spring Conference Proceedings
February 17-19, 2012
The National Association of Medical Minority Educators, Northeast Region (NAMME-NE co-directors Paula K. Davis (University of Pittsburgh) and Anika Daniels-Osaze (SUNY Downstate School of Medicine), are proud to present proceedings of the NE Region Spring conference held February 17-19 in Philadelphia, PA. Our local conference planning team consisting of Michelle Wells-Lockett of the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania (NE Region Program Chair), Marsha Williams of the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (NE Region Secretary) and Sherita Glenn of the Drexel School of Medicine (newly appointed NE Region Elections Chair) did a fantastic job of hosting an informative and thought-provoking conference as we examined changing paradigms of diversity which impact how we work and serve our students, and shifting paradigms of diversity which are redefining the populations we serve. You'll find our conference booklet here.
You will find below links to our conference speakers' presentations. We hope you will find the information to be enlightening.
Paula K. Davis (University of Pittsburgh)
Anika Daniels-Osaze (SUNY Downstate School of Medicine)
"A Business Case in Healthcare: Strategizing for the Pipeline" Kelley Cornish, MA, CCDP
Ms. Cornish led the group through an analysis of current human resources trends which have a direct impact on the healthcare workforce development of which our diversity efforts are a part. To receive a copy of her presentation, please contact:
Kelley F. Cornish, MA, CCDP
LeadingNEXT LLC - Talent Management & Diversity Strategists
610-761-0255 - phone
Workshop I: Changing Paradigms of Diversity
- "The Oneness of Individualized Health Care" Marquette Cannon-Babb, PharmD
Workshop II: Shifting Paradigms of Diversity
- "Towards Inclusive Excellence: Reducing Stereotype Threat and Other Barriers in the Graduate Level Introductory Basic Science Course" Nancy C. Tkacs, PhD, RN
- "Economic and Financial Diversity: Financial Fit, the New Paradigm" Toni Torres
- "LGBT People in Medicine: The Necessity of Inclusion" E. Cabrina Campbell, MD
Workshop III: Institutional Inclusion: The Efficacy of Pipeline Programs
- "New York State AHEC System: Paradigms and Outcomes" Francisco Lucio, JD
- "The Summer Mentorship Program (SMP) at Penn Dental Medicine" Lamarr Holland, D2
- "Future Docs: Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University" Luz Ortiz, PhD
- "Biomedical Graduate Studies: University of Pennsylvania" Arnaldo Diaz, PhD
Return Home Here